Half-Life Fallout: Mass Effect Discussion Thread - Half-Life Fallout

• (67 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mass Effect Discussion Thread Game Discussion

#31 Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:53 PM

I don't even really know what it's about. I mean it's in space, you command some people, you fly between planets, that's it. I saw the early walkthrough vids and then I was done.

And yeah I did myself in with HL2 over-exposure as well.

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#32 Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:17 PM

Anyone else read the book? I really enjoyed it, I felt it was very cinematic and could easily be made into a movie (unlike the game, which will be mostly free roaming, choose your path, follow main quest when you want, etc.). It had a pretty solid story and had a cliff hanger ending you could say; there will definitely be a sequel. Anyways, I do recommend it as it explains the history of humanity from this point in time to 2159 or whenever it was and really gives a background into the different races, culture, social structure, politics, etc. of the Galaxy. It's no 1984, but an enjoyable read. For anyone who has read it, do you think Spectres will be in the final game? I'd love to try and kill one of those bad boys.
Posted Image
XBL Gamer Tag = vortex000
PSN User Name = vortex000

G-Man Personal Aid

#33 Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:54 PM

Here are links to some new videos. Link1, Link2, Link3.
Posted Image

High Priest of Onionism

Icon

#34 Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:12 PM

Nice vids...nothing realy new though.

I'll be getting this game when it hits PCs...
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

G-Man Personal Aid

#35 Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:24 PM

Same, if its as hot as everyone thinks it'll be. I haven't played a good Western rpg in forever.
Posted Image

reverse ninja said:

you know, I've never had a girlfriend or done anything non-platonic with the opposite sex, so I'm having a little difficulty. It can't be done right as long as humans are involved. You can make up and maintain a personality to fool someone, but a computer can't do anything similiar.

As if!

#36 Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:08 PM

Gamespot also has a great video up:

http://www.gamespot....2007-stage-demo
Xbox Live: Z0RiN

Ex-News Team

#37 Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:21 PM

This is going to be one of my top 5 games this year I am sure... and that's saying something with all the great titles out this year...

Halo 3, Mass Effect, Forza, Unreal III, PGR 4, Supreme Commander, C&C 3, etc etc. What a way to round out the year... MA is out 9th Dec.... Finished it b4 christmas is the plan. :P
PSN: EscapeArtist
Origin: EscapeArtist
XBL: EscapeArt1st
Steam: EscapeArt1st

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#38 Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:23 PM

I can't wait to play this game. Seems so cool and polished. I read the book (refer 3 posts up) and I'm so excited.
Posted Image
XBL Gamer Tag = vortex000
PSN User Name = vortex000

G-Man Personal Aid

#39 Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:15 AM

I remember watching a video showing off a ton of planets in a few different solar systems. I'm really hoping that each planet is unique and you can find different things there, that would make this game even better because I love sidequests.

G-Man Personal Aid

#40 Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:35 AM

I can't wait to play this game. Man, I going to be broke this winter. Buying all these games.
Posted Image

As if!

#41 Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:46 AM

I think Carth from KOTOR is back:

Listen closely to when Kaiden Alenko speaks out to Shepard about decking a man right in the face:

http://www.gamespot....ameplay-movie-5

As if!

#42 Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:47 AM

VERY neat video:

"Mass Effect Character Spotlight: Part One HD"

Citadel Elite Guard

#43 Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:53 AM

Does anyone know if this game will have a Multiplayer feature?

Site Dictator

#44 Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:13 AM

View PostTriggerHappy, on Sep 15 2007, 10:53 AM, said:

Does anyone know if this game will have a Multiplayer feature?

No multiplayer. It wouldn't make sense anyway.
Posted Image
I substitute your reality and reject my own

Site Dictator

#45 Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:46 AM

A new Mass Effect video shows the creation of a female Shepard and the game's introduction which shows off the female Shepard in-game for the first time, and also includes a few lines of spoken dialogue. I think the female voice actress is better than her male counterpart. The video also shows how your character's background and psychological profile change the dialogue in the game. There's lots of other stuff too but I didn't watch it because I don't want to spoil myself too much.

Youtube video in five parts:
Part 01
Part 02
Part 03
Part 04
Part 05

There's a HD video which shows just the game's intro sequence (the Bittorrent link worked well for me). If you're only going to watch the HD video, you should know that the female Shepard is a customized character and not the default, hence her somewhat strange appearance. Also, there are three clips available from the game's soundtrack on the composer's website.

Bonus: read this hilariously inaccurate and clueless preview for massive comedy damage. Apparently Mass Effect only includes aliens to please the Halo crowd (Star Wars totally ripped off Halo, I guess), and the writer can't figure out why anyone would be interested in customizing their character's appearance in a game that isn't multiplayer. An earlier version of the preview stated that BioWare made BioShock. The writer also believes that Mass Effect is a first person shooter and not an RPG, and mentions that people who "tire and bore easily" won't like the game. Ok.
Posted Image
I substitute your reality and reject my own

• (67 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users