• (108 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Episode 3 Discussion Thread

G-Man Personal Aid

#1 Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:44 PM

I was curious as to how you guys think Episode 3 is going to play out. I've heard a couple of people say it'll be on the Combine planet, while others seem to think we'll be visiting that Artic Base we got a glimpse of in Episode 1. So post all your thoughts, news, theories, and more here! As for me...

I think it'll start out with you traveling to the Artic Base, and once there you'll be closer to the magnetic poles, which'll somehow allow the rebels to create a portal to the Combine Planet, where all the rebels and vorts will go for the final battle. As Gordon, you'll run throughout the mayhem, narrowly avoiding synths, troopers, advisors, and maybe something new, like mechs. But you (and maybe Alyx) will make your way to like, the Uber Citadel. The Combine planet has been stripped of all resources, so they now rely on the power of the planets core to maintain all their operations. Blowing up the Uber Citadel will cause the core to blow up, wiping out the majority of the Combine and their forces, weakening the rest scattered throughout the galaxy. Seeing as Valve seems to be striving for greater and greater technical acheivments, I think we'll see hundreds if not thousands of NPCs on screen as Gordon travels to the Uber Citadel. Once there, I think Gordon will either fight the Combine leader, Breen, or just fight a lot of waves of enemies. Then, in a brilliant demonstration of the Cource engine and its capabilities, the planet will explode. Most of the rebels will have fallen back to Earth, but Gordon, being so close to the Uber Citadel, will die.

Those are my thoughts, so feel free to point out holes in my theory, or make me feel good by agreeing with it!

The Greatest Man Alive

#2 Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:55 PM

I hate to say this, but there is no way of knowing.

I hope that you will somehow fight the G-Man (not like, directly, just he becomes an enemy). I think he is the real villian of the series.

I don't see Episode III going to the combine planet.

There is really no way to tell, all i can say is it will most likely be different and what you would at least expect.
Posted Image
Click on my signature banner for my Let's Play YouTube Channel: RoyalFino.

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#3 Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:56 PM

I reckon Gordon will end up sacrificing his life by destroying the combine world. He'd have to stay behind to do it or something.

Doug has said that Ep3 is already in pre-creation and what he's seen is "Outstanding" or something.

The Greatest Man Alive

#4 Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:59 PM

View PostXJR, on Aug 6 2007, 05:56 PM, said:

I reckon Gordon will end up sacrificing his life by destroying the combine world. He'd have to stay behind to do it or something.

Doug has said that Ep3 is already in pre-creation and what he's seen is "Outstanding" or something.

Geez Doug... i hate when he gives too much away. :phew
Posted Image
Click on my signature banner for my Let's Play YouTube Channel: RoyalFino.

G-Man Personal Aid

#5 Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:07 AM

MAYBE WE FINALLY GET TO SEE A MODELED GORDON

G-Man Personal Aid

#6 Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:39 AM

View PostXJR, on Aug 6 2007, 01:56 PM, said:

Probably not, HL wouldn't be HL without Gordon and they said that E3 would be the last in the combine story arc.

Icon

#7 Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:48 AM

Ill give up $100 if we dont see a HL3 (I know that ep1,2,3 was supposed to be HL3), there is just so much more they could do with the storyline.
[ sig removed: image(s) larger than 400x80 or 60kb (see discussion rules) ]

G-Man Personal Aid

#8 Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:51 AM

View Postmipac, on Aug 6 2007, 02:48 PM, said:

Ill give up $100 if we dont see a HL3 (I know that ep1,2,3 was supposed to be HL3), there is just so much more they could do with the storyline.

Well they will probably find a way to continue the storyline without the combine, and to tell you the truth as much as I love the combine I am real interested to see what kind of storyline Valve could come up with. That is of course to say if the HL series continues after E3, and I hope it does!

#9 Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:13 AM

I really hope we get a chance to see the combine planet in ep3...

Almost positive we'll be visiting the Arctic Base.

#10 Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:32 AM

The combine planet would be worthless to visit. The combine are a multi-dimensional invasion force, taking out a homeworld (unless it contains some deus ex machina like a hive mind or something) would do nothing

I presume that Kleiner and the other scientist's efforts are going to be working towards a way to block combine technology from coming into our dimension
------------------------------------------------------
GamerTag: Enders8
SteamID: Prosthetic Conscience

#11 Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:16 AM

my money is on EP2 ending with the borealis and us going to the Kraken base ala the leak storyline.
Posted Image

Icon

#12 Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:20 AM

View Postswan_song1978, on Aug 6 2007, 11:16 PM, said:

my money is on EP2 ending with the borealis and us going to the Kraken base ala the leak storyline.

Would be cool but I doubt it man.

#13 Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:35 AM

View PostTrooper, on Aug 6 2007, 11:20 PM, said:

Would be cool but I doubt it man.

i got a feeling amigo. how else is he gonna get to the arctic? teleporting would be bad, its been rehashed too much.
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

#14 Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:20 AM

View Postchi-nugz, on Aug 6 2007, 07:07 PM, said:

MAYBE WE FINALLY GET TO SEE A MODELED GORDON

http://img.photobuck...onFreeman_2.jpg

Combine Elite Pilot

#15 Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:53 AM

A council of Combine advisors? I mean we saw a whole load of them escaping the Citadel in the First and last chapters of Ep1.

EDIT
No, I'm going to add to that.

We saw Breen talking to a combine advisor at the end of HL2. He mentioned something about the planet he wanted to escape to was too much of hostile environment (gives us advantage :HEV suit) but he also mentioned 'A Host Body?!, Oh whatever it takes...'.

But we foiled his plans and he fell to his death, so we assume. Maybe Breen got his host body (ticket to Combine planet) but he didn't manage to escape. So he's stuck in this host body and is still in City 17.

First chapter of HL2: EP1 we see (and feel the pain) as what looks like an advisor escapes the Citadel. Could it be Breen?

Throughout EP1: we see an advisor and Tv screens and such, could it be Breen spying on Gordon?

EP2 trailer: We see a combine advisor moving towards something. Impossible to tell what it was but could it be Breen?

EP2 Spoilers: (Posted in an Episode 2 thread) It says that we will be battling an advisor, not necisarilly killing an advisor. Could it be a taster battle against Breen but he gets away, wounded.

I'm just saying that why hype up Breen as a villain throughout Half life 2 and then just see him die?
Ever get the feeling the 'boss battle' with Breen at the end of HL2 was too easy?
Thats becuase its all leading up to the final showdown with Gordan and Breen in EP2!

My theory.

• (108 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users