• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Episode 3 Discussion Thread

^Gorlyx Freevance

#16 Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:58 AM

my thoughts on ep3(well.. more of what I hope to see :blush ):
gordon meets up with shephard near the end of ep2, he's been told that he was found in the woods and the last thing he rememberred that he was fighting a huge worm. the journy heads on towards the artic pole.
gordon and his friends arrive at mossmans base, where she has some visitors... a few shocktroopers(race x) mossman starts talking something like: "we had first contact 3 hours ago, I think they are willing to help us defeating the combine", one of the shocktroopers is walking towards gordon and speaks some words in its language and wants to shake hands. after you proceed to an objective, which could be the airexchange or any other important combine nexus, shephard tells you he doesn't trust these guys, alyx asks him why, and shepard starts telling his story of seeing these creatures abducting scientists at black mesa. as they move further through the icy grounds, they will come across imense battles between rebels and race x fighting of combine, which is using several new synths that suit the icy environments. after you have destroyed something a big combine thing, towards the end of ep3 you spot a shocktrooper "inspecting" a teleport at mossmans base, and when it sees you it starts shooting at you, it runs away.. unable to follow, shephard joins you and yelled: "DAMN!, I told you we shouldn't trust these bastards. they were just helping us so we could defeat the combine with them and then they would strike to steal our technology"(or something like that) the gman fades in screen, and tells you: one war has ended.. as one other is just beginning...

voila, hl3 is born
WAR AGAINST RACE X! :w00t:

oyeah!, and I think alyx dies somewhere in ep3.

*end of anthusiasm*
Posted Image
Conspiracy signature!

#17 Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:40 PM

View PostIch, on Aug 8 2007, 04:53 AM, said:

EP2 trailer: We see a combine advisor moving towards something. Impossible to tell what it was but could it be Breen?

i think that its that garage we've seen in the alyx and advisor concept pieces.

and why are we talking about EP3 so early?!
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

#18 Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:21 PM

View PostMr. Freak, on Aug 6 2007, 06:44 PM, said:

the Combine Planet, where all the rebels and vorts will go for the final battle. Most of the rebels will have fallen back to Earth, but Gordon, being so close to the Uber Citadel, will die.
How do you fall through space? The Combine planet must be very close.

#19 Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:23 PM

View Postthefilthelement, on Aug 8 2007, 12:21 PM, said:

How do you fall through space?

he means fall back as in retreat.
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

#20 Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:43 PM

and I mean as in
[sarcasm]How do you fall through space? The Combine planet must be very close.[/sarcasm]

City 17 Civilian

#21 Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:15 AM

I honestly think that in Episode 3, Adrian Shepard will make a comeback. Due to the fact that since Gordon is now out of the G-man's control, who else does he have to throw at Gordon? The only other man that has had experience at Black Mesa that we knowingly know that the G-man has interest in is Adrian Shepard. So I believe that the G-man will in a sense 'activate' Adrian Shepard and send him after Gordon with the promise of 'freedom', or something along those lines.

I believe that there will be a series of conflicts, or gunfights, between Adrian Shepard, the combine, and Gordon Freeman. As in, they will be in a particular area fighting, possibly in the open, but never really close enough to 'access' one another. (For example, having Adrian in a particular area that Gordon cannot access, but can fire at, and vice versa)

I also believe that Eli Vance will die. And that this relationship between Alyx Vance and Gordon will become much stronger due to this.

#22 Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:41 AM

i guarantee you valve will find a way to make it work without having adrian in the story. which sucks. remember the ASHPD? perfect example of wasted oppertunity.
Posted Image

City 17 Civilian

#23 Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:43 AM

I really hope that they don't cheap out on us like that. Because I feel that if they were to try to complete the story without him, it would leave a gaping hole in the series. Sure, we'd know how the Combine are defeated, and how things go on earth. But what of Adrian Shepard's role? Is he doomed to die in stasis? Remember, the G man said he would use Adrian Shepard as I recall. Since he had argued with his bosses to keep him alive.

#24 Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:54 AM

meh, he didnt say hed use him, but its definately implied. come on gearbox, talk with valve already!
Posted Image

City 17 Civilian

#25 Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:16 PM

So Gearbox owns the rites to the character 'Adrian Shepard' or something?

#26 Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:35 PM

i think so.
Posted Image

Combine Elite Pilot

#27 Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:28 PM

Sure they're not saving Shephard for Half life 3 when a completely new story comes in?

Different man, different mission.

G-Man Personal Aid

#28 Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:34 PM

I doubt we'll see Shep. any time soon. However, Barney did become a main character in this game, so maybe...

Combine Elite Pilot

#29 Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:37 PM

View PostMr. Freak, on Aug 9 2007, 05:34 PM, said:

I doubt we'll see Shep. any time soon. However, Barney did become a main character in this game, so maybe...

...Undercover metro-cop work prelude to Half life 2?

City 17 Civilian

#30 Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:45 PM

That or maybe during Gordon Freeman's situation with City 17. Possibly his involvement, etc. Or maybe even have it AFTER the events of Episode 3 (Hopefully they won't end the story with the Combine defeated in ep 3), and have him doing things, ec.

• (108 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users