• You cannot reply to this topic

Episode 3 Discussion Thread

G-Man Personal Aid

#31 Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:46 PM

Maybe we see him in the G-Man's office.

City 17 Civilian

#32 Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:23 PM

Now that is a good idea Mr. Freak.

Possibly when Gordon Freeman goes after the Gman, Adrian Shepard fights Gordon to stop him from trying to kill the Gman.

Which would be sad. It's almost like their destinies are entwined. Their stories are the same. Both manipulated by the same man. Both forced to fight against one another because this man has done this to them. It would be awesome!!!

I think that would be a great climactic battle. Possibly with the Combine jumping in and causing like a 3 way gunfight.

#33 Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:46 PM

im just praying for a 7 hr wars prequel with Shepard. itd be so sick.
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

#34 Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:07 AM

View Postswan_song1978, on Aug 9 2007, 03:41 AM, said:

i guarantee you valve will find a way to make it work without having adrian in the story. which sucks. remember the ASHPD? perfect example of wasted oppertunity.

The ASHPD?

Also, someone mentioned earlier about Ep3 being the end of the combine story arc. So, there's still more?

#35 Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:53 PM

View PostZub-Zerp, on Aug 10 2007, 03:07 AM, said:

The ASHPD?

Also, someone mentioned earlier about Ep3 being the end of the combine story arc. So, there's still more?

Aperture
Science
Handheld
Portal
Device

i think they said a story arc, but itd be interesting to see whats next.
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

#36 Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:25 PM

View Postswan_song1978, on Aug 8 2007, 10:40 AM, said:

i think that its that garage we've seen in the alyx and advisor concept pieces.

and why are we talking about EP3 so early?!

Hell, I was all giddy about Half-Life 2 when I was playing through 'We've Got Hostiles...' for the first time in '04. I think one of the many great things about this series is that you never know where you'll end up. You start out in Half-Life as a blank page in New Mexico, and so many hours later you've traveled across the universe and literally saved the world. The end. But wait! You wake up on a train creeping its way into some Eastern European prison city. So many hours later and you've trekked across the whole city and single-handedly taken down the vast majority of evil. The end. Again. But now you wake up and you have to get out of the city before some futuristic, exponentially more deadly Chernobyl wipes out all you've fought to protect. And so on.

Truth is, I really don't want to know what we'll be up to in our next adventure. Which brings me to another great thing about this saga -- no matter how much I want to be kept in the dark, it still consumes a decent chunk of my daily thought...and I absolutely cannot resist talking and speculating about it.
"My My Hey Hey - Rock & Roll Is Here To Stay - Hey Hey My My - Rock & Roll Can Never Die"

"I've dated girls uglier than you for breakfast" - Korgoth (of Barbaria)

Combine Elite Pilot

#37 Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:33 PM

View Postswan_song1978, on Aug 9 2007, 05:46 PM, said:

im just praying for a 7 hr wars prequel with Shepard. itd be so sick.

I just couldn't help but notice this.

But like Keyser said, did any of you guys actually see the combine coming into the equation after playing HL?

Combine Elite Pilot

#38 Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:58 PM

Links or lies.

Combine Elite Pilot

#39 Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:14 PM

View PostCplShepard, on Aug 9 2007, 05:45 PM, said:

That or maybe during Gordon Freeman's situation with City 17. Possibly his involvement, etc. Or maybe even have it AFTER the events of Episode 3 (Hopefully they won't end the story with the Combine defeated in ep 3), and have him doing things, ec.

No, I'm pretty sure that the Combine end with Episode 3.
What with closing off the portal to their homeworld and everything, if it didn't, i'd feel the episodes would have been pointless.

Lab worker

#40 Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:49 PM

I'm pretty sure we wont visit the Combine planet in Episode 3, or any future games for that matter. Look at the amount of casualties the resistance took in attacking City 17, they wont have no where near enough manpower to launch a sustained invasion of the Combine homeworld.

My theroy as to Episode 2 and 3 with some canonial information is as follows:

*The destruction of the Citadel has opened a massive superportal between Earth and the Combine universe, which will allow for substantial reinforcements to come through and finish Earth off completely.

*The project that Mossman was talking about could be the rocket Kleiner was working on, i think it carries a satellite similar to the black mesa array that was used to shut off the portal between Earth and Xen. Mossman mentions that they would be compromised should they be discovered, and the rocket would certainly be a plausible back-story for Mossman's line there. The Combine discover the project and the rebels have to defend it.

*When the rocket is launched, which will most likely be Episode 3, the superportal is shut down and the Combine can no longer send reinforcements. The resistance gain an edge over the Combine forces in this episode and organise into an effective army.

*Possible Half Life 4 (if the episodes are Half Life 3), the Combine forces on Earth rally for one last go at the rebels and are defeated, thus the rebels re-gain their freedom.

Combine Elite Pilot

#41 Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:30 PM

View PostTrip, on Aug 25 2007, 02:49 PM, said:

*Possible Half Life 4 (if the episodes are Half Life 3), the Combine forces on Earth rally for one last go at the rebels and are defeated, thus the rebels re-gain their freedom.

If that were so. It would suck.

Icon

#42 Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:15 PM

View PostIch, on Aug 24 2007, 04:14 PM, said:

No, I'm pretty sure that the Combine end with Episode 3.
What with closing off the portal to their homeworld and everything, if it didn't, i'd feel the episodes would have been pointless.

How do you know that the Combine will end with Episode 3?

#43 Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:20 PM

View PostTrooper, on Aug 25 2007, 01:15 PM, said:

How do you know that the Combine will end with Episode 3?

i think i read that somewhere myself. something about the story arch ending for them with episode three.
Posted Image

Icon

#44 Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:23 PM

View Postswan_song1978, on Aug 25 2007, 01:20 PM, said:

i think i read that somewhere myself. something about the story arch ending for them with episode three.

oic For a minute I thought that this thread was going to have to go to Idle Speculation. :\

Captain America

#45 Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:27 PM

View PostTrooper, on Aug 25 2007, 10:23 AM, said:

oic For a minute I thought that this thread was going to have to go to Idle Speculation. :\
Tuche' trooper, I was thinking so aswell :smile

• (108 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users