Half-Life Fallout: Episode 3 Discussion Thread - Half-Life Fallout

Jump to content

  • (108 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Episode 3 Discussion Thread




Posts: 13,986

#46 Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:32 PM

View PostTrooper, on Aug 25 2007, 01:23 PM, said:

oic For a minute I thought that this thread was going to have to go to Idle Speculation. :\

NO NOT THERE! even though it really should until we get an EP3 trailer.
Posted Image



Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

Posts: 8,333

#47 Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:49 PM

It makes me excited to think that Valve are already partially working on episode 3...



Moderator

Posts: 14,080

Icon

#48 Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:40 PM

But the combine should never die! For if they perish, so will Trooper. :\
Posted Image



G-Man Personal Aid

Posts: 2,610

#49 Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:08 AM

Like we would never want that to happen. Um..I mean..LONG LIVE THE COMBINE! And Trooper of course! *sweats*
Posted Image
"I need to give Marc Laidlaw a blow job, that game was ******* amazing"-Swan



Moderator

Posts: 14,080

Icon

#50 Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:32 AM

View PostSonic Boom, on Oct 8 2007, 08:08 PM, said:

Like we would never want that to happen. Um..I mean..LONG LIVE THE COMBINE! And Trooper of course! *sweats*


I know there are some of you who would like for me to leave. But know that my best interests are always for this site, even though some folks think otherwise.

In any event, Episode 3 hmm... I will speculate about that once I have beaten EP2.
Posted Image




Posts: 13,986

#51 Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:44 AM

View PostTrooper, on Oct 8 2007, 10:32 PM, said:

I know there are some of you who would like for me to leave. But know that my best interests are always for this site, even though some folks think otherwise.

In any event, Episode 3 hmm... I will speculate about that once I have beaten EP2.

i have a feeling its gonna be a near full lift of the Wasteland/AirEx/Borealis/Kraken chapters of the leak. though the idea of a weapon that the combine and humans are racing for is interesting.
Posted Image



G-Man Personal Aid

Posts: 1,866

#52 Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:55 AM

View PostTrooper, on Oct 8 2007, 07:32 PM, said:

I know there are some of you who would like for me to leave. But know that my best interests are always for this site, even though some folks think otherwise.

In any event, Episode 3 hmm... I will speculate about that once I have beaten EP2.


Don't worry, Trooper, I still love you! Not that there aren't some folks here growing tired of my overlong jargon about how much I love Lost and Half-Life.

From what I know of Episode 2, it seems like the plot is basically this -- The Resistance has destroyed an enormous control point for the Combine (City 17), but not before the Combine "bigwigs" had a chance to get pissed about it. So now it seems the Overwatch are hunting the survivors through the White Forest, while said survivors race to unleash this 'secret weapon' (the rocket, apparently). Now, this could end a few different ways. One would be that Gordon and Alyx manage to unleash the secret weapon, but I don't believe there's a force capable of wiping out the Combine completely (yet), because...well, how many cities are out there under Overwatch control? City 17, as far as we know, is just the tip of a very bad, very big iceberg. As far as we know, they have the whole of the earth, maybe even the whole of the galaxy.

This leads me to another possibility for the end of Episode 2: Total calamity. The 'secret weapon' fails, the Resistance becomes diffuse and without hope, and Gordon (with Alyx) is in the thick of a darkness so deep that hope becomes a buried and distant glimmer. That sounds pretty damn bleak, but to be honest, I have this feeling like we won't be seeing an entirely happy ending (which makes it all so much cooler). The second act is usually where things get very dark. I can't even imagine where any of these possibilities leaves us in terms of Episode 3's story, but.... wowzers.

Anyways, that's my vague impression, and we can only wait and see tomorrow night. Then we can let the real speculation on Episode 3 truly begin! I don't even need to bet that we'll be blown away. Woo!
"My My Hey Hey - Rock & Roll Is Here To Stay - Hey Hey My My - Rock & Roll Can Never Die"

"I've dated girls uglier than you for breakfast" - Korgoth (of Barbaria)



Metro. Enforcer

Posts: 115

#53 Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:13 AM

I guess discussing Ep3 will help kill the time until Ep2 comes out. :P

My guess is that in Ep2 Gordon and the resistance manage to shut down the portal storm over City 17, but at a great cost. Then they discover that in the Arctic there is something that could perhaps undo all their hard work, and it will become a race between Freeman and Alyx and the Combine to be the first get ahold of the technology. I'm kind of hoping we'll be fighting inside the arctic base, because I kind of miss the labs and industrial areas of Black Mesa. And who knows what new enemies await us in Ep3 (like arctic-based Xen creatures, perhaps?)

As for Adrian Shephard's role, hard to say really, but Valve has not ruled out using Shephard again in a new story (according to Doug Lombardi in a EuroGamer interview). I think he might make a brief cameo in Ep3 or at the very least some kind of mention by Gman to Gordon. My money is more on that Episode Four that Gabe mentioned to PC Gamer last year, which I'm guessing will be a kind of Opposing Force expansion that will show how the situation in the Half-Life episodic series was resolved. But who knows?




Posts: 13,986

#54 Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:24 PM

View PostKeyser Soze, on Oct 9 2007, 12:55 AM, said:

Don't worry, Trooper, I still love you! Not that there aren't some folks here growing tired of my overlong jargon about how much I love Lost and Half-Life.

From what I know of Episode 2, it seems like the plot is basically this -- The Resistance has destroyed an enormous control point for the Combine (City 17), but not before the Combine "bigwigs" had a chance to get pissed about it. So now it seems the Overwatch are hunting the survivors through the White Forest, while said survivors race to unleash this 'secret weapon' (the rocket, apparently). Now, this could end a few different ways. One would be that Gordon and Alyx manage to unleash the secret weapon, but I don't believe there's a force capable of wiping out the Combine completely (yet), because...well, how many cities are out there under Overwatch control? City 17, as far as we know, is just the tip of a very bad, very big iceberg. As far as we know, they have the whole of the earth, maybe even the whole of the galaxy.

This leads me to another possibility for the end of Episode 2: Total calamity. The 'secret weapon' fails, the Resistance becomes diffuse and without hope, and Gordon (with Alyx) is in the thick of a darkness so deep that hope becomes a buried and distant glimmer. That sounds pretty damn bleak, but to be honest, I have this feeling like we won't be seeing an entirely happy ending (which makes it all so much cooler). The second act is usually where things get very dark. I can't even imagine where any of these possibilities leaves us in terms of Episode 3's story, but.... wowzers.

Anyways, that's my vague impression, and we can only wait and see tomorrow night. Then we can let the real speculation on Episode 3 truly begin! I don't even need to bet that we'll be blown away. Woo!

ive discussed similar theories with sawnick and foxtrotarmy. i love the idea of EP3 or EP2 ending on a downer with the combine regaining control and (this i would love) the gman abandoning gordon somewhere, letting the combine get him while he focus's on using alyx. leaving the Episodic series with utter despair and helplessness would be AWESOME.
Posted Image



Prowler

Posts: 660

#55 Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:26 PM

View PostPlayer, on Oct 9 2007, 11:19 PM, said:

Can't wait for the point where I complete Episode two, Why? EPISODE THREE TRAILER

There's not going to be one.



Moderator

Posts: 14,080

Icon

#56 Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:27 PM

I would certainly like for the combine to regain control, but I am not certain that it will happen. However, regardless if they do or do not, where would the storyline go from there?
Posted Image




Posts: 13,986

#57 Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:36 PM

View PostPlayer, on Oct 9 2007, 07:28 PM, said:

There won't....There was IN EPISODE ONE :(((

yea but EP2 has changed so much over development that Valve doesnt want that to happen again. id prefer a good solid EP3 trailer anyways, not a shoddy 4 month one.
Posted Image



Moderator

Posts: 14,080

Icon

#58 Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:39 PM

I would prefer if they just give us sneak peeks close to the release date. I know it will not happen, but it would prevent spoilers. I must email Valve and ask them to implement my evil plan now!
Posted Image



Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

Posts: 4,521

#59 Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:42 PM

View PostTrooper, on Oct 9 2007, 06:39 PM, said:

I would prefer if they just give us sneak peeks close to the release date. I know it will not happen, but it would prevent spoilers. I must email Valve and ask them to implement my evil plan now!


This is a genius idea. I shall spam them as well.
Posted Image




Posts: 13,986

#60 Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:44 PM

View PostTrooper, on Oct 9 2007, 07:39 PM, said:

I would prefer if they just give us sneak peeks close to the release date. I know it will not happen, but it would prevent spoilers. I must email Valve and ask them to implement my evil plan now!

YES! as soon as i play the orange box imma send em an email on my thoughts, one of which is LESS SPOILERS PLEASE.
Posted Image

  • (108 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users