Half-Life Fallout: Your Recent Purchases - Half-Life Fallout

• (556 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your Recent Purchases no matter the cost!

High Priest of Onionism

Icon

#8326 Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:58 PM

They're shutting down demon souls servers in February 2018, better be quick if you want to try it. Although I don't reckon many people are still playing it. With so many souls games, really, if you haven't played the old ones yet, or missed out on bloodborne, is it such a loss? If you were a true hardcore fan, you'd've gotten a sonymachine years ago.

PC + nintendo is still the best option as I see it. There are so many goddamn games to play it's impossible to keep up, especially as the old farts we are.
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Sex bomb

#8327 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:24 PM

Demon's Souls was such a good game. I got it around release and made a thread here back in the day (maybe in 2010?), parts of it annoyed me but it was so unique (gameplay, atmosphere, lack of music, cryptic dialogue, etc) that I kept playing until 40 hours later I had finished it and overall it was pretty good.

Then the spiritual sequels came out, I played each (except DS3) for 10-15 hours then never touched them again. Just like Wolfenstein The New Order with its recent sequel, the Pandora's Box was already opened with the first and they couldn't recapture the magic. Yeah, it's a hard game in a grimdark fantasy setting, wow.

High Priest of Onionism

Icon

#8328 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:49 PM

Brumi has Switch

Mario Kart is good* game
Mario XCOM is good game
Zelda is good* game

Brumi like Switch

I especially enjoy the freedom of having independent controllers, for each hand, the logical culmination of the wiimote + nunchuck. I don't feel any need to get a pro controller, at least for now, it's only been a few days.

Some months ago when I got a 3DS, I was deeply underwhelmed, and have barely touched it in ages. I have a feeling this will be different.

* massive understatement
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

G-Man Personal Aid

Icon

#8329 Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

View PostCity 17, on 12 November 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

Was that hard to find?

Yes and no, it took me 2 weeks to get it. I went on missions to find it at my local Walmart's and GameStops. Then on a Tuesday I called my local Gamestop and they had one...told em I would be there in 15min and was playing Zelda in 45 :D

I hear the new Zelda is like Final Fantasy 7 on the scale of epic awesomeness....

So I downloaded it on a PC :phew: though the emulator is not a fan of Ryzen atm.
They used to call me FatFunkey

Steam Profile Xbox Live ID FatFunkeyPiRaTe

G-Man Personal Aid

Icon

#8330 Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:09 AM

I find myself coming back to my 3DS lot recently. I've been playing Pokemon Ultra Moon, Bravely Default 2, and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. These are, from left to right, progressively more visual novel than RPG...

I also just recently finished Fire Emblem Awakening, and will probably get the new FE soon. I guess I'm on a portable kick.

(For those who care...)
Pokemon UM: 6/10, good mechanics (as far as pokemon goes) but weak story/characters. Kinda meh.
BD2: Great rpg mechanics, great audio and visuals (the 3d really shines here), but ridiculously verbose story segments in which comedy falls flat more often than not. 7/10
ZE: VLR: haven't played much yet, but I really liked 999 and this one seems on par so far. ?/10
FE: Awakening: 10/10, superb, I can't even think of a solid complaint.

I figure I'll get a Switch when Metroid Prime drops. I've already played the hell out of Zelda and Mario Kart on the wii u. Mario Odyssey is really tempting me already though.
Posted Image
Steam ID || NNID: Inimitable
Former HLF Staff, 6/6/2019 - 9/5/20XX

Icon

#8331 Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:57 PM

View PostCity 17, on 10 November 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

Got the iPhone X as well... now I have no money, Such a big difference compared to my iPhone 6 though!

How are you liking it man?

I got myself a Pixel 2 XL. Posted Image
Posted Image

Sex bomb

#8332 Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:35 PM

Posted Image

No gods no masters

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#8333 Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:24 PM

Posted Image

• (556 Pages)