• (81 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

#hlfallout on Gamesurge

G-Man Personal Aid

#16 Posted 17 September 2005 - 05:51 AM

Scandium is the exact reason I don't go in the irc anymore. Damn scripts.

G-Man Personal Aid

#17 Posted 17 September 2005 - 06:08 AM

Scandium has been toned down a lot recently. Pretty much because I lost it all and can't be bothered setting it back up again.

Scandium banned me beacuse I said the F word alot in one sentence, now it kicks me for every offense in that sentence, which is a million. Now it banned me. :(

It's not programmed to kick on anything execpt a couple of extreme words (of which the "F Word" is not one), and on some websites (ytmnd and several ones which include viruses/trojans, or which have something tubgirl-esque related).

While I admit it was too strict to begin with, and has been toned down, you guys have to remember #hlfallout is not a whorehouse and you're expected to maintain a sense of decency while in it. I can tell from your quote and your current messages in IRC that you can't really do that.

This post has been edited by Juice: 17 September 2005 - 06:12 AM

Posted Image

Bitches Ain't Shit

#18 Posted 17 September 2005 - 06:11 AM

Juice, on Sep 17 2005, 06:08 AM, said:

Scandium has been toned down a lot recently. Pretty much because I lost it all and can't be bothered setting it back up again.

Scandium banned me beacuse I said the F word alot in one sentence, now it kicks me for every offense in that sentence, which is a million. Now it banned me. :(

It's not programmed to kick on anything execpt a couple of extreme words (of which the "F Word" is not one), and on some websites (ytmnd and several ones which include viruses/trojans, or which have something tubgirl-esque related).

While I admit it was too strict to begin with, and has been toned down, you guys have to remember #hlfallout is not a whorehouse and you're expected to maintain a sense of decency while in it. I can tell from your quote and your current messages in IRC that you can't really do that.

You mean IRC isn't a whore house, which means there are no girls in it? Redd was lying to me!
Posted Image

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#19 Posted 17 September 2005 - 09:24 AM

Why did you feel it was relevant to post it?
Bring back Fallout Squad.

#20 Posted 17 September 2005 - 09:29 AM

Does that mean I should post all my IRC chats?

#21 Posted 17 September 2005 - 09:33 AM

I know the reason whey you posted, I sort of agree with you. But, posting this won't do much, SSDD won't lose any moderating power because you told the rest of the forum that he bans people for insignificant reasons.

#22 Posted 17 September 2005 - 09:38 AM

Good luck, but I fail to see what this will achieve.

#23 Posted 17 September 2005 - 09:42 AM

Yeah, some rules are absurd. But some do help to keep it a decent channel, it is heading somewhat downhill though.

#24 Posted 17 September 2005 - 10:19 AM

I've had some problems with SSDD on IRC too, he kicks me a lot for no apparent reason. Sometimes he does it as a joke, but I don't find it funny.
:=)

Q

On extended vacation

#25 Posted 17 September 2005 - 10:32 AM

w-ninja, on Sep 17 2005, 10:41 AM, said:

#hlfallout is a pretty nice place, but it's ironically the moderators that usually drag it down, not to mention some rather silly rules that no one is able to justify or explain.

Some of your points are very stereotypical. All this "the moderators drag it down" and "any kind of argument (even a civil one) with a moderator, and I get kicked" is incorrect. I had an "argument" with you over Hitman's influence on stealth in games yesterday, and I didn't kick you. (And that's even when you exposed my flawed argument).

If you want to complain about moderator actions and get a "meaningful response" then by all means email mrbond@hlfallout.net the full details, so he knows the full picture.

On "silly" or "absurd" rules, it would be better for you to go into specifics so it can be explained why the rule is there, by whoever has the rule in place. I do however agree that a small number of IRC rules are a little "silly".
Posted Image

#26 Posted 17 September 2005 - 10:36 AM

Omnipotent-Q, on Sep 17 2005, 11:32 AM, said:

On "silly" or "absurd" rules, it would be better for you to go into specifics so it can be explained why the rule is there, by whoever has the rule in place. I do however agree that a small number of IRC rules are a little "silly".

The swearing filter that was once in place was a little daft, as the age limit on the game is 17+, therefore most the channel users are old enough and don't need to be protected.
The caps lock rule is one I agree with, as is the ytmnd rule.

One most recent rule, that pees me off, is the "No Advertising" rule. It bans you for 2mins if you say anything starting with #. So that one should be changed :smile

Ex-News Team

#27 Posted 17 September 2005 - 10:47 AM

I rather enjoy the IRC room, I'm on there a fair bit and for the most part I think its cool. I like to be able to talk to people from the Forum on it, as it is a lot less disjointed than trying to have a conversation / debate on the forum...

As I have said in the past, there is one particular individual that I real disliked until I spent some time on IRC and saw that he's not such a bad guy at all, he just likes to fight his corner rather strongly.

Can you guess who it is yet..?
PSN: EscapeArtist
Origin: EscapeArtist
XBL: EscapeArt1st
Steam: EscapeArt1st

Prowler

#28 Posted 17 September 2005 - 11:29 AM

I like the IRC channel, but everytime I there every slaps or stabs me :((

G-Man Personal Aid

#29 Posted 17 September 2005 - 11:51 AM

sane, on Sep 17 2005, 08:36 PM, said:

One most recent rule, that pees me off, is the "No Advertising" rule. It bans you for 2mins if you say anything starting with #. So that one should be changed  :smile

It was actually a new script I was trying out that included the # thing. It's gone now. Generally it's used in larger channels, so you can understand the logic behind it.

While there may be several "silly" rules, I daresay they were implemented for a reason and if anyone cares to discuss any of them with me or another op I feel sure we can come to a compromise. Feel free to PM me if you'd like an explanation on them as well, although I would have thought most are rather self-explanatory.

The swearing filter that was once in place was a little daft, as the age limit on the game is 17+, therefore most the channel users are old enough and don't need to be protected.

The age limit for the game may be 17 however the age limit for this site is 13. The swear filter on my bot has now been almost completely removed and it serves mainly for other purposes however I cannot speak for other ops, if they deem it necessary to have there, then it's there. There have certainly been times where it is needed.

We are remembering that the forum rules are the basis for IRC. While generally in IRC we are more lenient about it and obviously some do not apply, the forum rules are the solid basis and if you don't like it, well, it's not gonna change.

w-ninja, as far as your argument with SSDD goes, my opinion is that you are both in the wrong. From your logs, I think it was fairly obvious when the warning signs were showing and you simply should have stopped right there. In the end it seems the kick was entirely unrelated from the original comment and stemmed instead from the argument and provoking of each other that both of you should have taken the initiative to stop. It really looks to me as though by pressing the issue you were plainly asking for it. While I think SSDD should have taken the responsibility to end the argument on his side, you should have had the common sense to do it as well. All it takes is a /ignore or /part. In the end, it's his right to ban so it was not wise on your part to provoke him and then complain when you got the inevitable.
Posted Image

Evil Incarnate

#30 Posted 17 September 2005 - 12:33 PM

Bah, who cares? I'm an op and I get banned :D
I like to provoke Juicey Fruit, you see.
I also enjoy kicking and banning myself for no apparent reason, it's all good, it's IRC ^^

• (81 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users