Half-Life Fallout: Mod highlight: Final Project ‘A Mappers [sic] Diary’ - Half-Life Fallout

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mod highlight: Final Project ‘A Mappers [sic] Diary’

Hupsakee!

Icon

#1 Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:14 PM

Released a few days ago by Spy interactive, I didn’t want to post about this peculiar mod until having played all the way through it.

Posted Image

"I’m an addict, I abuse my computer, my addiction is single player modding"
So you're playing as a game modder who is, in turn, playing his own mod.
Intrigued yet?

This begs the question: Can playing a somewhat broken, unbalanced, and buggy game be fun? Maybe this is the whole point of the mod, or maybe I'm reading too much into it.
In addition to the intriguing setting, this 11 maps-long single-player modification touts some custom content, like textures, zombie models and weapons; and an overall familiar sourcemod feeling peppered with mild puzzles, attempts at resident-evil-esque limited ammunition & monster closets experience, alternating with full-blown firefights.
The gameplay actually gets better as you play, while the modder-inside-the-mod falls deeper into insanity; fighting familiar enemies in unfamiliar settings and scratching your head, but I won’t spoil the details.

This HL2:Episode 2 mod is by no means bad or unplayable, but it is somewhat frustrating and confusing at times, and not always on purpose. The tenuous but conceptually interesting narrative, combined with some decent fighting, is enjoyable enough to keep you going forward and makes it possible to forgive the completely insane and nonsensical happenings in the mod-inside-the-mod.
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#2 Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:34 PM

Interesting, might try it out.

Captain America

#3 Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:59 AM

So I heard you don't like anti-aliasing.

City 17 Civilian

#4 Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

Yeah, I played this mod, it's pretty cool! Spy Maps makes great mods: like Coastline to Atmosphere and Strider Mountain! :8
YO, YO, YO THIS IS OG LOC IN THE PLACE! AND I'M ABOUT TO KICKIN IT UP WITH SOMETHING LIKE THIS!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users