Half-Life Fallout: Google+ - Half-Life Fallout

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Google+ Discussion about Google's new try at Social Media.

Poll: Google+

Google+

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Mr. Frost

#1 Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

I happened to get myself an invite to Google+ yesterday and been fiddling with it ever since. It feels like a simple yet effective app. With good Android integration, I think they have a good chance at beating Facebook in the long run. It really depends if people go for it, which then again is unpredictable. What are your thoughts on it?

If you'd like an invite, throw me a private message so the thread will consist of talking about Google+ itself and not just begging invites. Though even if you got invited, it doesn't mean you'll get in. People keep getting this "over capacity" message most of the time. I had to wait and try for around a week to get in.

Edit: I'll sent the invites in a bunch later today (much easier for me).

Moderator Emeritus

#2 Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:03 PM

Im not into social media so not sure what to say about it really. I did, however, get an invite and I signed up. Though it will probably be temporary. In any event, if any HLF peeps need an invite PM me as well and I will hook you up.
Posted Image

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#3 Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

its the next facebook, I know several people who are tired of facebook but really cant move away from it, so everyone just keeps going there.

I know that Facebook just made it harder to move to Google+ by removing some easy access to transfer your friends contact info, but there is a way. Google just needs to remove the invite, its really annoying since you and your friends cant just all move there, and if you are there you dont have your friends to talk to.

Posted Image

Mr. Frost

#4 Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

View Postsuicide_mission, on 07 July 2011 - 07:02 PM, said:

its the next facebook, I know several people who are tired of facebook but really cant move away from it, so everyone just keeps going there.

I know that Facebook just made it harder to move to Google+ by removing some easy access to transfer your friends contact info, but there is a way. Google just needs to remove the invite, its really annoying since you and your friends cant just all move there, and if you are there you dont have your friends to talk to.

Exactly. I think Facebook might still be better with all the pages and events etc. Google+ has potential though. The circles are more apparent than Facebook lists.

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#5 Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:15 PM

Got an invite but it still doesn't let me in. Get your act together google.

They have done a nice job updating YouTube though.

Posted Image

The Scotsman - Moderator Emeritus

#6 Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:03 PM

View PostCity 17, on 07 July 2011 - 06:15 PM, said:

Got an invite but it still doesn't let me in. Get your act together google.

They have done a nice job updating YouTube though.

Posted Image

Wait... what?

My youtube is nothing like that.

Ah... You have to use this.

http://www.youtube.com/cosmicpanda
My old HLFallout username was"Kintaro"
FORMER HLF STAFF 30/08/2009 - 12/05/2012

Prowler

#7 Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:33 PM

Seems basic so far. I got an invite from my brother the other day so I've been checking it out. It really is like Facebook without all of the extra applications and things. If I was still in college, I would probably use it more though.

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#8 Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:35 PM

Now on google+ it looks a lot nicer than facebook. Need to have more friends on though till I can mess around with it more but first impressions... very nice.

Moderator Emeritus

#9 Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:55 AM

Im glad that my invite got through to you City!

Cheers!
Posted Image

Poison Piealicious

#10 Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:22 AM

So this is Google's answer to facebook? I hadn't even heard of it.
Posted Image

Combine Elite Pilot

#11 Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:16 PM

I just got invited into it earlier today and so far I find it much cleaner than Facebook and circles idea is nice. Plus the mobile app for it actually works right!
Posted Image

Moderator Emeritus

#12 Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

View PostBerrie, on 08 July 2011 - 03:22 AM, said:

So this is Google's answer to facebook? I hadn't even heard of it.

I only know about it cos I have an Android phone.
Posted Image

Citadel Elite Guard

#13 Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:56 PM

i don't really like facebook and only use it out of necessity since so many college and graduate school students use it to set up events. i will use it if everybody starts migrating over from facebook
"Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable."-Voltaire

Go Colts! Superbowl XLI Champions!

G-Man Personal Aid

#14 Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:27 PM

Just got myself in. Looks like it's open again (for now) for new entries without an invite and invitations look to be back up (from a sending point of view at least, whether or not it'll let them in when they've received it I don't know yet).
Posted Image

Alien Slave

#15 Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:15 PM

Just got it today myself. Looks like it has potential.
If anyone wants to add me my email is mike.shibby@gmail.com.
Steam ID: Mikeando

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users