Half-Life Fallout: I made a podcast, does it suck? - Half-Life Fallout

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I made a podcast, does it suck? I made a podcast

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#1 Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:42 AM

Hey guys. Since all y'all jackasses were the first people I started talking games with way back in 2005, I figure I might as well show you guys my new podcast Darksliders. Would love if you guys can give me some feedback, kinda new at all of this. If you like it please subscribe, we're trying to garner some interest to see if we even want to make an Episode 3.

Youtube

iTunes
Soundcloud
Twitter

#2 Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:37 AM

Cool, will check it out when I get home.

High Priest of Onionism

Icon

#3 Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:43 AM

Well first of all you need some structure.

• What is this podcast about, who the fuck are Doug and Brad, why should anyone care? What sets it apart from the billions other podcasts? I suggest Finding a niche.
    Oh and stating what the podcast is about at the beginning wouldn't hurt either. "Hello and welcome to Darksiders, I'm Doug, and I'm Brad, and we're going to talk about videogames and our take on the news."

• Your angle is to have this casual stream of consciousness discussion, but I think having distinct show segments would make the whole more cohesive, maybe look into a timer, and pre-set your segment length to prevent you from rambling on and on about one topic.
  • All podcasts have growing pains. If a podcasts gets a long running, the first 5 episodes sound like crap compared to the rest. So my advice is to Keep pooping out episodes until you have a nice flow and have ironed out the technical stuff, even if nobody listens.

• Uh, uhm...mmh, uhm, uh, uuuuh... That's fine in normal conversation, but it's a killer for a podcast. I know it takes more effort than expected, but don't use filler noises like that.

Keep it up, don't despair!
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#4 Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:04 AM

I'll also take a listen when I finish work, Brumisators advice seems pretty solid though.
Posted Image

#5 Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:45 PM

Thanks for the brutal honesty. I agree with all your points. Weve had some sound issues so the uhs and umms were masking cuts in the audio, or were during a time we had to redo a scene. We also need to be a bit more stringent on timing segments. Keep the comments coming.

Colonel Benefactor

Icon

#6 Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:45 PM

I never listen to podcasts, but I listened a small part of yours. And to answer your question: It does not suck.
Voices are clear, and it sounds like you guys are having fun and that makes it fun to listen to.
I wonder how long it will take for you to release Episode 3 :gordon: .

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#7 Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:08 PM

Just listened to it and was impressed at your radio voices, no mumbling and was pleasant to listen to. I will agree with Brumisators point of making it more structured, almost every podcast I listen to has 3 or more separate sections where they change things up like answering questions or have a certain feature like doing a top 10 or talking about one specific thing.

Was good though, keep at it!
Posted Image

#8 Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

Honestly this is the best feedback Ive gotten. Guess it takes a smaller forum of anonymous strangers to get some decent feedback. Yes, we are planning to have some more structure and have some "bits" like playing bad games that we actually want to play and are interested in and not just to rag on.

So basically
-Talk is decent, just need to work on the ummms
-More structure, like timing sections to avoid dragging stuff out
-Keep at it

Thanks all, keep it coming.

#9 Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:32 AM

Recording Episode 3 (hah) this weekend, taking in a lot of your tips especially in regard to orientation.

High Priest of Onionism

Icon

#10 Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:14 PM

View Postsn00zer, on 07 March 2015 - 06:32 AM, said:

Recording Episode 3

... And sn00zer was never heard from again.
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

#11 Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:49 AM

EPISODE 3 of our podcast RELEASED!
Up on Soundcloud, youtube and iTunes should be updated by morning

Soundcloud
iTunes
Twitter

Combine Elite Pilot

#12 Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:33 AM

Hey, nice. I'm gonna have a listen.

#13 Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:49 AM

Any comments on the new ep?

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#14 Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:45 PM

View Postsn00zer, on 11 March 2015 - 09:49 PM, said:

Any comments on the new ep?

excellent podcast, i will say this, the best parts were the ones were both of you were enthusiastic about the same thing. It just comes out naturally when both of you have passion for something and when you don't it feels boring.
Posted Image

#15 Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:51 PM

View Postsuicide_mission, on 12 March 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

excellent podcast, i will say this, the best parts were the ones were both of you were enthusiastic about the same thing. It just comes out naturally when both of you have passion for something and when you don't it feels boring.

Ah thanks....its kinda hard to come up with game weve both played, but that should change soon as Im getting a PS4 in the next month with Bloodborne. Glad you like it though. Yeah going into a podcast our outlines are hilariously small for how long we talk about stuff.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users