Half-Life Fallout: The Websites You Don't Visit Anymore - Half-Life Fallout

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Websites You Don't Visit Anymore

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#1 Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:28 PM

I was sitting here this afternoon after tuning up my bike and was thinking about all the websites I used to go all the time years ago and now it's rare for me to go to. The few I came up with was:

1. Hlfallout.net
2. digg.com
3. slashdot.org
4. cracked.com
4. liquidgeneration.com

So folks, what sites have you stopped going to?

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#2 Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:14 AM

Ah the memories...

csnation
planetquake
Opera web browser blog
Gizmodo
Will post more when mt my old brain remembers
Posted Image

Sex bomb

#3 Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:01 AM

doom3world - Doom 3 modding site, the mod community for it died ages ago and checking the URL again right now it seems like it died.
doom3files - Doom 3's modding filefront website. Eventually all things being released there were shitty texture or sound packs so I stopped visiting.
mackandmesh - Website of two LP'ers before LPing was even a thing circa 2004. They eventually stopped updating, site shut down for years, was revived in mid 2010, they did more videos until late 2012 then stopped updating and went off to do their own separate Youtube channels. Site is still there though.
Court Records - Phoenix Wright fan site, I try to check it at least once or twice per year since I used to be a huge fan of the series (I still like them but the quality of the last few games isn't so good). Back in 2006-2008 I checked it almost every day.
Global Punisher Army - Fan site for The Punisher comic series, like Court Records I used to check it almost every day around the same period, but I started having less and less interest in comic books and also had some drama with one of the moderators. My visits became pretty infrequent to the point where I checked the website a month ago and it had shut down last year.
There's also probably a few warez/torrent websites which I stopped caring about once every game started appearing on Steam or you could get cheap serials off gray market websites.

Icon

#4 Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:30 PM

I can't recall. I still visit (or lurk most). Maybe HL related mod sites.
Posted Image

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#5 Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:19 PM

Newgrounds
somethingawful
dell
gamespot
digg
deviantart
myspace
engadget
gizmodo

and billions of max payne websites which probably don't exist anymore :'(
Posted Image

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#6 Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:51 AM

hlf
digg
homestarrunner
ppcgeeks/xda/android developer sites
somethingawful
engadget (use the verge now)

I'm almost always on reddit when I'm on the computer now.
Posted Image
"Brick, where did you get a hand grenade?" "I don't know."

G-Man Personal Aid

#7 Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:30 PM

This forum used to be one. I saw the tab in my bookmarks and thought its been a long time since I visited HLFallout. Really happy to see everyone still active here.
Posted Image

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#8 Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:35 PM

View Posttastybread, on 03 August 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

This forum used to be one. I saw the tab in my bookmarks and thought its been a long time since I visited HLFallout. Really happy to see everyone still active here.

those few, retched souls, who lie in the darkness and wait for the second coming of gabe, they wait in #hlfallout

join us
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

#9 Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:16 PM

View Postsuicide_mission, on 03 August 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

those few, retched souls, who lie in the darkness and wait for the second coming of gabe, they wait in #hlfallout

join us

Lol. Someday I hope. I remember when I first came here months before HL2 and Steam launched. It was exciting times. Looking forward to when those days come again. I'll be here for sure.
Posted Image

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#10 Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:56 PM

Any day now...
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users