• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

One Year Left

Poll: One Year Left

Should we keep the site going?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

Icon

#16 Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:58 AM

This place is going to get crazy when Half-Life 3 is announced.
[ sig removed: image(s) larger than 400x80 or 60kb (see discussion rules) ]

Intergalactic Wizard

#17 Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:56 PM

View PostWibbles, on 20 July 2015 - 12:07 AM, said:

WTF M8!

We outlasted halflife.net for fuck sakes. We're like the only Half-Life fan website left.

Didn't they change to valvetime.net?
Posted Image

Intergalactic Wizard

#18 Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:08 PM

I voted no and while this site was once of the few communities I was actually a part of everything seems to have really slowed down through no fault of anyone here, but rather the lack of news regarding Half-Life for which we are named after.

I think if the site was to continue it should perhaps adapt to the type of content that would serve it up most, whatever that would be. I think the change of H-L.net to valvetime showed what needs to happen, or what needed to happen to keep up as Valve seems to have focused their attentions (publicly anyway) to TF2 and CSGO as they can continue to generate revenue even after the initial purchase of the game - something that for now I would see be impossible with anything in the HL universe.

Make no mistake this place and community holds a special place in my heart, but I don't think holding on to the nostalgic feelings from nearly a decade ago will change anything. So perhaps save the content, the old guides and parts of the site that generate the most hits and move those to a new, smaller and more manageable site. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, just realistic.
Posted Image

Sex bomb

#19 Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:58 PM

I voted No too since I think this site should be laid to rest. Changing it to an "All Purpose" gaming site won't do anything - you have a ton of those on the internet that come and go except for the big hitters (IGN, RPS, GameSpot, Koatku, NeoGaf (a couple of old members migrated here), etc.), it might see a slight increase in members but will still be dead.
Continuing it as a Half-Life site and trying to add new articles won't do anything either, the franchise has been orphaned and will remain in that state the time being. Even the most hardcore fans moved on as you can see from the dwindling number of people in this site, even the ones who remain don't talk about it anymore.

Right now I've noticed that most people here who were close (Posted Image) have each other on Steam, Facebook, PS4 or Xbox Live anyway, so what's the point. Outside two active threads (Recent Purchases, Soapbox) this site is dead and, while older member might pop up every now and then, it won't go back to its old glory.

Posted Image

Pack it up, nerds.

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#20 Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:50 PM

there seems to be something wrong with our polling system. Posted Image

Since I don't see much activity anymore and Brumi's laptop passed away, I am inclined to let the system shutdown and move on. Heck, there is no one in IRC anymore, even Chanserv abandoned us. Members have stopped playing Valve games and i'm too old to follow games as I once did.

I love this site, i love you guys, but maybe, its time.
Posted Image

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#21 Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

If there are members still willing to pay for another year (like I am) I don't see the point in shutting it down. HLForever.net!
Posted Image

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#22 Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:21 PM

View PostCity 17, on 20 July 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

If there are members still willing to pay for another year (like I am) I don't see the point in shutting it down. HLForever.net!

Your heart is in the right place. If you guys want to pay for another year then so be it.
Posted Image

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#23 Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:33 PM

Posted Image

Sex bomb

#24 Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:41 PM

View PostCity 17, on 20 July 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

let it die

Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

Icon

#25 Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:49 PM

View PostHumbug, on 20 July 2015 - 01:48 AM, said:

What's wrong with the poll?

Yes, we must wait for HL3 (9004 votes [199.82%])
Lets procrastinate until shit hits the fan (1 votes [0.02%])
No (-5000 votes [-110.96%])
Dells suck (501 votes [11.12%])

the 1 vote for Dells is mine :3
They used to call me FatFunkey

Steam Profile Xbox Live ID FatFunkeyPiRaTe

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#26 Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:50 PM

View PostFOOL!, on 20 July 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

let it die

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Colonel Benefactor

Icon

#27 Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:38 PM

The times are changing, Jesus was an architect, we should not make disicions without the mighty Onion. He'll be back.
We should keep HLF alive, GabeN needs us, the world needs us, we need us.
The prophecies were a lie, but faith will never die.

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#28 Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:51 AM

Plus I need a site to show off my nude self portraits
Posted Image

Combine Elite Pilot

#29 Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:11 PM

I've been spending most my time at valvetime.net as it's more active, but this site is always my home for hl related content and always will be.

Prowler

#30 Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:20 PM

I'm certainly in it for the long haul.
Posted Image

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users