Half-Life Fallout: TF2: Meet your Match is Coming! - Half-Life Fallout

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TF2: Meet your Match is Coming!

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#1 Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:32 AM

The developers behind Team Fortress 2 keep refreshing the game after 9 years with more glorious updates.

This time we are getting match-making for TF2: the ability to pair you with other similarly skilled players. A feat never before seen in video gaming

Both casual and competitive modes will be available plus 3 new maps!

Go ahead and checkout the Meet your Match Update Page

Ever since the first apes climbed out of the trees, there were apes who did it faster. Some apes just fell out of the tree. It's a sad fact that all apes are not created equal.

Presenting our newest tree-climbing-down simulator, matchmaking. Play alone or with your friends against players of similar skill levels. Climb out of that tree at your own speed, confident that the apes around you aren't beating you to the bananas. Which technically grow IN trees, but maybe the ripest ones probably fall to the ground? Yeah, that makes sense. Look, this isn't a banana simulator, people.

I for one welcome this update: I loved the casual TF2 rounds pre-F2P with seasoned hardened players who knew how to work together. Currently, most Valve servers are filled with novice players, traders & idlers which kills a lot of the momentum. Hurray Valve!
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

#2 Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:53 PM

Trying to match Overwatch's features? Bold move, Cotton.

I will start Overwatch tonight likely after having demoed it on a friend's PC Monday. Since I was having a tough time playing it for the first time and while playing it under his account he pointed out this skill-matching feature to explain why I was matched against people of higher skill than me.

At this point I would love to keep playing TF2 and there is a decent size of serious players across the servers so I will split the playing time I think between Overwatch and TF2.
Does Gabe Newell ever wonder what life would be like without Gordon Freeman?

Posted Image

Colonel Benefactor

Icon

#3 Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:32 PM

They we're planning this matchmaking for a long time even before Overwatch I think.
Also a real good thing to keep this great game up to date, not only the 6vs6 matchmaking but also the improved 12vs12 casual. Looking forward to some good old fashioned 12vs12 Dustbowl like in the first years I played a lot in TF2.

And offcourse they keep adding many cool things that are not hats:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users