• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump v. Hillary The fate of the world lies in their hands

Poll: Trump v. Hillary

Who are you voting for?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#1 Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:23 PM

Is anybody going to be watching the debates? We haven't had a political debate thread in a while and I thought this was the best time to post as any.

I am personally rooting for Hillary, she will be a practical continuation of the Obama administration and a sensible choice for president given the options. She does have a lot of baggage, but brings a long a lot of experience as well. I see congress following a pro-obstructionist campaign against her, but hope it will lead to an implosion of the Republican party and push towards a moderate stance.

I am deeply concerned for Donald Trump's current status. Any other country and he would be a laughed off, not so in America. His charismatic, bullying, ignorant and denigrating persona is impressive and perplexing at the same time. If he gets elected, maybe the ashes of the country will bring about change that I truly would like to see will show up in the next presidency.

Gary Johnson is a libertarian with a small government world view. All problems can be solved by the free markets, just ask the maker of epi-pen

Jill Stein, she is an anti-vaxer, yeah, no thanks...

Whats your opinion on the current election? Who are you voting for?
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

Icon

#2 Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:22 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Steam ID || NNID: Inimitable
Former HLF Staff, 6/6/2019 - 9/5/20XX

Intergalactic Wizard

#3 Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:14 AM

Sui, pretty much agree with you.

Also, Bernie or bust.
Posted Image

Intergalactic Wizard

#4 Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:19 AM

Doublepost.

Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

#5 Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:12 AM

Wow I didn't realize Jill was an anti-vaxxer. That speaks to me only hearing her side. With third-party candidates not being spotlighted by opponents it's each for a ugly thing like that to be hidden.

Also when asked, Gary Johnson didn't know what Aleppo was - that and other libertarian-induced ignorance would prevent me voting for him.

Hillary was up more a few weeks ago than now. Sad to say but the health scare thing must have turned some people away.

I'm pretty I'd vote for a cadaver running against The Donald.

People already have made big comparisons between Trump and Berlusconi. He and perhaps Nigel Farage though are as bad I've seen outside U.S. as far as Western or any first-world democracy.
Does Gabe Newell ever wonder what life would be like without Gordon Freeman?

Posted Image

Icon

#6 Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:23 PM

The debates were boring, for the most part. The media had hyped it as a brawl to end all brawls at it turned into a lukewarm fest, just like watching any Floyd Mayweather fights.

What we did get was a more subdued trump and a smirky clinton. Trump was light on details, threw a bunch of accusations and 'brogadoccias'. Clinton sited facts that felt more like reading form a prepared list. Neither candidate went out of their way to insult the other. The crowds jeered and applauded at moments to support their candidates.

Things I learned from the debate:

Trump:
  • Won't release his tax records
  • Owes 650 million to debtors
  • Building a new Hotel in Washington
  • Believes Clinton started/enabled ISIS
  • Believes Clinton started the birther movement
  • Believes Clinton ordered the intervention in Libya despite opposition from generals
  • Believes Clinton has hurt the black community all her adult life
  • Won't vote for TPP & may destroy NAFTA
  • Supports Stop & Frisk and will implement in black neighborhoods like Chicago.
  • Was subject of a lawsuit for Discriminating Housing practices against blacks
  • Believes Climate Change is a Hoax
  • Believes Black & Latinos are living in Hell
  • Will lower taxes on wealthy far beyond Reagan did.
  • Paid no taxes in previous tax return statements to judges
  • Said a bunch of obvious & un-obvious lies

Clinton:
  • Accepts responsibility for the email server as a means to shut discussion about it
  • Made several speeches to Wall Street execs
  • Won't vote for TPP and will renegotiate a 'better' deal
  • Believes that black unrest after shootings can be solved by better police training
  • Believes that black unrest will stop by reducing mandatory sentencing and discrimination in judicial system
  • Believes that Trump has no Temperament (crowd drew chuckles when trump said he had the best temperament)
  • Believes that Trump can easily be baited
  • Will raise taxes on wealthy to pay for public works
  • Is a proponent of Clean Energy and government involvement
  • Proposes free education and reduce student loan debt

I am sure there is more, but that's my take-away.

Trump is still betting on his lies will carry him to the Presidency and Clinton is betting on Trump sinking himself.

In my honest opinion, 90% of the country has already decided; the debates were mostly for the 10% of the country who are single issue voters, people who are convinced by how a candidate looks and random flip of a coin.

God bless america.
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

#7 Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:25 PM

I presume if Trump wants to sway voters he has to avoid the temper tantrums .. and the race-baitings .. and the overall stupid remarks.

Clinton: I dunno. God I hope she or her campaign doesn't throw an interception in the 4th quarter.

It is sad that both say they would stop TPP when it is obvious both would roll with the political (money) flow and allow it were it not for what has come to light about it. Just an election-year promise the winner will likely break.

Posted Image

Icon

#8 Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:43 PM

Scott Adams gives an interesting insight into Trump and why he chooses him over Hillary

Why I Switched My Endorsement from Clinton to Hillary

In a nutshell, Trump is performing 5D chess maneuvers and lost the first debate on purpose because he chose to behave "presidential" (typical debate format, aka 2D chess). He is now legitimatized as a presidential contender by the public, lowered his expectations entering the second debate and could come out a bigger winner if it goes his way.

Adams notes that Trump's strengths aren't truths because the general public does not care about facts, or evidence, they are emotional creatures, and as such Trump dominates in his ability to sympathize with the public then lead them to where he wants it to go. He's super power is persuasion.

And that is the importance of a leader, a person who can move masses and make them believe that he delivers.

scary...
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

#9 Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:55 AM

Scott Adam's ideas at first captivated me, but eventually let me down. It is not as if Trump doesn't have subtle skills; a "Master Persuader" he may be, but Trump's persuasive abilities are not his intellectual abilities. He knows how to talk to people; does he know how to make practical sense of difficult issues?

I used to love Adams, but since he chooses Trump for being a "Master Persuader" I was persuaded not to read his comics anymore.

Posted Image

Sex bomb

#10 Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:18 AM

ah yes scott "sexual consent is overrated" adams. true master of rational thought.

Icon

#11 Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:42 AM

View PostEl Inspector, on 29 September 2016 - 11:18 PM, said:

ah yes scott "sexual consent is overrated" adams. true master of rational thought.

upon reading his blog entries I have become convinced that he is a nutcase. He has been a Trump supporter since the beginning, and his switchover is ridiculous seeing how he initially chose Clinton because he didn't want to get murdered by her supporters.

It's hard to convince myself that his posts are not sarcastic and really the ramblings of an odd ball. He states that he shouldn't be believed, yet wants you to believe he is right about how things are, so it leaves me puzzled.

He thinks Trump is a master persuader as screech pointed out, that feelings win over facts and Trump is a true leader because he can manipulate peoples feelings.
Posted Image

Icon

#12 Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:36 PM

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety - Benjamin Franklin

Nearly any man can stand adversity, but if you want to text a man's character, give him power - Abraham Lincoln

Grab'em by the pussy - Donald Trump

this is a terrible week for Lord Cheeto
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

#13 Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:17 AM

Kind of figured The Donald would do himself in. The even better news is he refuses to drop out and let Pence stand in. Have to hope the pressure sticks on him and makes him take his own words seriously for once.

I don't want to jinx it, but seems like this will cement Hillary's victory.

Posted Image

Sex bomb

#14 Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:16 PM

View Postsuicide_mission, on 08 October 2016 - 08:36 PM, said:

this is a terrible week for Lord Cheeto

Talking about texting in the 19th century. Lincoln truly was ahead of the curve.

Icon

#15 Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:25 PM

View PostEl Inspector, on 10 October 2016 - 09:16 AM, said:

Talking about texting in the 19th century. Lincoln truly was ahead of the curve.

he was fond of ASCII Posted Image
Posted Image

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users