Half-Life Fallout: Half-Life: A Place In The West - Half-Life Fallout

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Half-Life: A Place In The West

High Priest of Onionism

Icon

#1 Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:31 AM

Half-Life: A Place In The West is a fan-made passion project, more specifically a burgeoning series of comic books. Remember those garbage old Garry's mod comics from 10 years ago? You can forget about those as this here is the real deal, with hand-drawn artwork, original characters, a real plot, proper grammar, and everything!

I was going to write an in-depth review, but I decided to keep it spoiler free in order to entice more potential readers towards the actual work on display. In short, go read it now, it's free and good.

The story takes place On earth, an indeterminate amount of time between Half-Life's resonance cascade and the rebirth of crowbar Jesus in Half-Life 2. It would have easy to get lost in the grand universe that Valve created, but the two writers Micheal Pelletier and Ross Joseph Gardner masterfully avoided this trap by starting small, with a relatable human story of post-apocalyptic survival and misery which shows strong hints of greater things to come and will hopefully escalates to more epic proportions without overwhelming the reader.
Despite taking place in America, the backdrop of this story is definitely Half-Life, with well placed details only someone enamored with the source material could have so carefully applied, both in the writing and the artwork. Each page is a delight to look at with the wonderful art that really is on-par with Valve's own comics for their other properties.

The entire first chapter in its 38 page glory is available now for free on Steam, stay tuned for chapter two, due in January.
And if you're a special fan who's heard it all before and read it before, well this steam version comes with a fancy new menu screen and behind the scenes content (the latter slated for release around November).
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Metro. Enforcer

#2 Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:23 AM

Remember those garbage old Garry's mod comics from 10 years ago? You can forget about those as this here is the real deal

Hey!!
Posted Image
Available at metrocop.net

High Priest of Onionism

Icon

#3 Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:30 AM

View PostMythos, on 30 September 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

[/size]

Hey!!

Sorry, you're garbage now. Accept your fate.

Mythos --> Posted Image
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Metro. Enforcer

#4 Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:01 PM

Nuh-uh! At least Marc Laidlaw likes me and my stuff! Posted Image
Posted Image
Available at metrocop.net

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic