Half-Life Fallout: HLF - RPG Group - Star Wars Edition - Half-Life Fallout

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HLF - RPG Group - Star Wars Edition 56k - stay away!

G-Man Personal Aid

Icon

#46 Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:30 AM

Yo. Sorry I missed today, and with such late notice. My wife finally earned her Bachelor's at 32 this weekend so I didn't argue when she decided we were gonna leave a few hours earlier than expected today!
Posted Image
Steam ID || NNID: Inimitable
Former HLF Staff, 6/6/2019 - 9/5/20XX

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#47 Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:41 AM

View PostInimitable, on 21 May 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

Yo. Sorry I missed today, and with such late notice. My wife finally earned her Bachelor's at 32 this weekend so I didn't argue when she decided we were gonna leave a few hours earlier than expected today!

Last time on RPG: a Star Wars story

Posted Image

Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

Icon

#48 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:45 PM

To answer sui's question in irc 6 hours ago: Yes
Posted Image
Steam ID || NNID: Inimitable
Former HLF Staff, 6/6/2019 - 9/5/20XX

High Priest of Onionism

Icon

#49 Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:47 PM

Shit is getting complicated, I had to make a genealogical tree / flowchart. :whacklook

Posted Image
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Icon

#50 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:55 PM

You forgot: "Mr Squishy, lover of teeth"
Posted Image

High Priest of Onionism

Icon

#51 Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:36 PM

I just realised, the Ooutlanders are now in a bioware RPG. That means...I gotta start thinking about which party member I want to fuck.
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Icon

#52 Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:39 AM

Last time on The Ooutlanders:
Posted Image
Posted Image

High Priest of Onionism

Icon

#53 Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

Sui trying his hand at impressionism, I like it.

I wonder what that picture looks like to someone unaware of the context.
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

High Priest of Onionism

Icon

#54 Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:49 PM

This is going to make very little sense without context, but here's what's been going on during the past month On Half-Life Fallout Game night: Roleplaying: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire: The Ooutlanders: Siedequest : The Search for Grok, episodes 4-8 (which I GM, usually when Mr_ filament can't make it)

Our heroes are trying to track down Grok Witome, creator of CCPP (robocop), on Nar Shaddaa, the smuggler's moon, main moon of the Hutt homeworld, covered in a lawless city.

Posted Image

They originally got into contact With Sisquo the Hutt, smuggling some krayt dragons to Nar SHaddaa for him. Through a a few trials and tribulations, they managed to find him, cowering in his super-secret base after having been betrayed and usurped by another Hutt...Skinny the Hutt.

Posted Image

Episode 5

The Ooutlanders discovered which of sisko the Hutt's henchmen betrayed him. While R was busy getting stabbed, CCPP and Mathus got a nice XCOM-like combat in a warehouse and found some neat intel about CCPP's past.
CCPP is actually built out of two humans who were mortally wounded, squished into one cybernetic body of awesomeness.
Mathus got some cool loot

Episode 6

Our heroes extracted some information out of the guy they shot last time, and met his traitorous contact, who turned out to be none other than Pon! That young ragamuffin force used once played by Mr_Filament has become quite the dark and cool figure, murdering in cold blood the little pipsqueak that had betrayed him.
He now has a cool dark bounty hunter look and a robotic arm very similar to CCPP's construction. Pon arranged for the Ooutlanders to infiltrate Skinny the Hutt's droid factory on Nar Shaddaa, the trail of Grok, creator of CCPP is getting warmer!

Posted Image

Posted Image

But that adventure will have to wait a bit more, as it was time for shopping!

They traded Mathus' cool disruptor pistol he found, to get Mr Squishy some light armoured robes (+1 soak), CCPP got a cool new cordite spike to upgrade his dataspike (brawl) (+1 pierce , i.e bypass 1 point of soak). R got some cool grenade parts which Mathus manufactured into a bunch of EMP grenades. Last but certainly not least, Mathus got a cool long range rifle, which he modded to become a light weapon, and further jury-rigged to retain its long range.

Cool beans, shopping!

Episode 7

(This was actually a very involved and very long game session, but I didn't writer a summary soon enough after. so most details are lost to history)
Posing as perfectly legitimate gangsters, CCPP, Mathus and R Jen infiltrate Skinny the Hutt's secret experimental droid manufacturing base, and traversed several levels, talking to ultimately inconsequential NPCs, finding small & incremental clues as to Grok's activities and possible whereabouts.

Posted Image

Until, deep into the facility, they are ambushed by an electromagnet crane. CCPP narrowly escapes it, and an extended battle ensues, in which many bothansdroids die at the hands of our heroes.

A few scrapes and bruises later, they encounter a cliffhanger...

Episode 8

From a droid charging station in a cloud of sparkly blue volumetric fog, emerges CCPP MMCIV, for short C-civ, aka robocop 14.

Posted Image

He is flanked by two combat droids, of similar construction than the ones the players have been destroying in this factory / warehouse, but these two have additional armour plating.

CCPP, put down your weapon! Your duty is to obey! Your duty is to destroy those who break the law!

CCPP fails a series of resilience rolls. He is frozen in place for several combat turns, his mind cannot decide what to do, obey the rules, or help his friends.

Meanwhile, R Jen, controlled by Mr_filament, rushes towards the heavily armed and armoured droids, tosses an ion grenade which hes sure will resolve the situation quickly...unfortunately this is a boss fight. He gets critically shot, is down to 1 HP, and C-civ punches him unconscious without even having to try.
Ruh-roh.

Mathus manages to not crap his pants and runs away heroically, taking strategic cover further back.

At this point, Pon the badass jedi jumps down from the rafters in true badass fashion, takes a swipe at evil robocop with his lightsaber...but
RUH ROH!
Cortosis armour is almost impenetrable to lightsabers. He is double critical meleed by C-civ, who grabs both of pons arms in his vice-like grip, and later headbutts him...another critical hit which knocks him out for a turn.

...In the original script, Pon was supposed to turn the combat in our heroes favour...but he bungled it good.

Its all on Sui now. Fortunately he is a tactical genius, and he makes mathus notice that there is a loose grate barely covering a 6m (20) pit.

After some more exchanged fire, while Mathus uses his mechanics mastery and builds a contraption to blind all droids in the vicinity, giving the ooutlanders a small breather.

Pon finally manages to break out of C-civs grip, suplexes him and slices through one of the droid henchmen. Finally the battle is going the right way.

Meanwhile, CCPP finally broke out of his daze, stabbed and disarmed the other hench-bot , lured him over the grate trap, and shot him in the chest for good measure. Critical blast!
But wait, you say, CCPP is also blinded by the thingamajig! Youre paying attention, good. However, CCPP had, before the combat had even started, mentioned hes engaged his video recording attachment, and now hes cleverly using that for sight instead. Genius move.

C-civ, enraged and blind, follows the noises made by his fleeing nemesis, and falls right into the great grate trap! He and his last remaining hench-bot fall to their doom, as both fail their athletics check. He is clinging to life...or whatever life is for cybernetic organisms, but will not be seen again today. Falling damage is the deadliest damage there is in Star Wars, for some reason.

Pon fails to revive R, but manages to pick him up and gracefully double-salto jumps over the grate trap to rejoin CCPP and mathus, waiting on the other side.

SUCCESS!
Alarms are blaring, the entire facility is on alert, no time for chit chat. They make their way onto the roof and jump into Pons idling aero-speeder.

Fade to black! As the GM rolls over a dark side destiny point, and something nefarious happens, unbeknownst to the players.

Damn that combat was a close call. I did not have to break any rules to let the heroes win, and did not pull any punches either. They did it all on their own with cunning, despite the suboptimal dice rolls.

Posted Image

The Ooutlanders will return in ...sidequest the search for Grok, episode 9!
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users