Half-Life Fallout: Should City 17 get a Nintendo Switch at launch? - Half-Life Fallout

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Should City 17 get a Nintendo Switch at launch? You decide!

Poll: Should City 17 get a Nintendo Switch at launch?

Should I get a Nintendo Switch at launch

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

G-Man Personal Aid

Icon

#16 Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:15 AM

Isn't that what this has been about all along?
Posted Image
Steam ID || NNID: Inimitable
Former HLF Staff, 6/6/2019 - 9/5/20XX

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#17 Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

Well, it didn't get the popular vote but I elected to buy it anyway!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hupsakee!

Icon

#18 Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:31 PM

View PostBrumisator, on 09 February 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

3) You're gonna do it anyway, stop asking for validation. :whack:

View PostCity 17, on 03 March 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

Well, it didn't get the popular vote but I elected to buy it anyway!

:zombieattack
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#19 Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

I don't regret it at all... unlike when I bought the wiiu!
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

Icon

#20 Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:45 PM

I ended up getting the WiiU version of BOTW after seeing/reading some comparisons. There's really not much difference at all except the resolution (720p vs 900p). I'll probably pick up a Switch in a few months or whenever a neat bundle or special edition comes out.

The first hour I squeezed in on my lunch break was pretty fun. :8

Enjoy your buy city! Give the cartridge a lick and tell us what it tastes like. I hear it's lovely.
Posted Image

Sex bomb

#21 Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:08 PM

View PostEl Inspector, on 11 February 2017 - 03:44 AM, said:

I know City17, guys. I give it a week after launch tops until he gives in and buys one.

hopeless

G-Man Personal Aid

Icon

#22 Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

Spoilers: BOTW is really good. I played for 5 hours straight yesterday. It's beautiful too, despite running at just 720p. I've gotten so used to 4x that res it's quite a shock. :laugh:

The Wii U version runs like ass, though, which is obnoxious because it was developed as a Wii U exclusive for how long..? years? Previews I read made it sound like it was pretty solid 30 but had some areas with framerate issues; that's not the case, it's 50% framerate issues. Post-release reviews mostly say the same thing. Indoors rarely seems to be an issue, it's always outdoors. It runs Vsynced, so if it can't hit 30 it locked at 20 or 15. It gets pretty rough... I really hope this is something they can (and do) address in patches.

It's also pretty difficult, or at least a lot more so than other 3D Zeldas have ever been. It's really refreshing to actually be challenged by a group of enemies once in a while. Usually I've only died if I do something stupid or they surprise me, but there have been a couple exceptions where I've legitimately been smacked down. Once off a very tall cliff side, which was way more fun that it was frustrating. :8
Posted Image

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#23 Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

The switch version you can tell the framerate dips a bit when there are lots of fire effects on screen in particular but I've not played it enough to stress the system out too much. At least the Wii U version looks on par with the switch version.

Edges are a little jagged in handheld mode though!

Posted Image
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

Icon

#24 Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:39 AM

Oh man. I haven't been this impressed by a game in a long time. It's the best of Zelda meets the best of Skyrim, plus a little bit of Cooking Mama.

I'm in the middle of the first "dungeon" and I think I'm 8 hours in. Loving all of it. I really, really wish the performance was better.
Posted Image

Hupsakee!

Icon

#25 Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:14 AM

Heh, my brother called me on the phone yesterday.

"So, how's my 1 year old nephew?" I ask
"Yeah yeah, he's fine, listen, I got this new zelda, and it's pretty cool, first I picked up a stick and then it broke and then I found and axe and then I hit a goblin (sic) with it, and then the axe broke [...]" He went on for several minutes like that.

Delightful to hear such childlike wonder from a grown man.
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#26 Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:31 AM

View PostBrumisator, on 05 March 2017 - 05:14 AM, said:

Heh, my brother called me on the phone yesterday.

"So, how's my 1 year old nephew?" I ask
"Yeah yeah, he's fine, listen, I got this new zelda, and it's pretty cool, first I picked up a stick and then it broke and then I found and axe and then I hit a goblin (sic) with it, and then the axe broke [...]" He went on for several minutes like that.

Delightful to hear such childlike wonder from a grown man.

Can see where he's coming from I feel the same way about it, might be I haven't played any of the other Zelda games at all but the fun of finding out the things you can do is really exciting. I was expecting to have long drawn out tutorials for everything but you start out on your way in about 2 mins!

Played it in bed till 2am and then started playing it again at 8am!
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

Icon

#27 Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:39 AM

I beat the main quest, which means I no longer fear spoilers. (phew)

Guys, seriously, get this game. It's not overhyped. It's just that good.
Posted Image

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#28 Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

Can confirm, gud game. And I haven't liked any of the other Zelda games.
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

Icon

#29 Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

It turns out you can continue in the game after beating the final boss, resuming at your last save. You get a cool star on the file. :cool

It adds a completion percentage to your map screen. I finished at 18%! I wonder how many Korocs there are... it must be hundreds. I can't help but feel like that's too many.

OK I just looked it up. There's
Spoiler

Well at least there's a reasonable number of shrines. Those are fun to hunt down.
Posted Image

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#30 Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:20 PM

Almost as bad as the riddler trophies in the batman games... though the Korocs ones are more fun I think.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users