Half-Life Fallout: Leaked HL Episode 2 Maps - Half-Life Fallout

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Leaked HL Episode 2 Maps

News Team

Icon

#1 Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:44 AM

Some of you folks may have seen these recently but for those who haven't I'm linking two great articles which pretty much cover in detail many different possibilities in the levels and story arc we could have seen the last time Gordon Freeman donned the HEV suit.

This is Part 1
Here's Part 2

Lot's of leaked/unfinished maps and my personal favorite being the one created by Junction Point Studios which was led by Warren Spector at the time.
Posted Image

#2 Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:57 PM

isn't it illegal to talk about valvetime here? at any rate, there's some interesting stuff here:

-different combine doors
-"resource gathering"
-d0g upgrade system
-ep2 alt ending
-ep5 maps
-ep2 train puzzle
-whatever that cube thing is about
-mini strider ai demos
-alt muscle cars
-npc_blob

weird that the plan was to have two episodes set in ravenholm
Posted Image

News Team

Icon

#3 Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:14 AM

isn't it illegal to talk about valvetime here?

I drank the water.. I think there was something in it

A return to Ravenholm would have been great. It's one of those iconic levels that's very memorable.
Posted Image

#4 Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:57 PM

i was never really a fan of ravenholm, i could never quantify why exactly. i like c17 the most but the coast and white forest are fun too so its not just bias. seeing it in as different a context as arkane and junction point were planning on could've been neat though, especially with the magnet gun mechanic
Posted Image

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#5 Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

Yeah I agree ravenholm wasn't a location I really loved playing through. At the time the bits I loved where the opening levels where you are just seeing what the city was like.
Posted Image

#6 Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:56 PM

seems like it would've been more in that vein, with street fighting reminiscent of ep1 and anticitizen one/follow freeman
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users