Half-Life Fallout: The Story for Half-Life 3 was just released - Half-Life Fallout

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Story for Half-Life 3 was just released

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#16 Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:17 AM

Valve could totally continue the story via comics or books or something and at least get the fans hyped up for a resolution instead of this.
Posted Image
"Brick, where did you get a hand grenade?" "I don't know."

High Priest of Onionism

Icon

#17 Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:32 PM

I don't think this is the big news everyone is crapping their pants about.

All kinds of media go through rewrites, and I don't think this was a "final draft", looks more like a first try to me.

I still don't think we'll ever see HL3, but I don't see this release as any new nail on the coffin.
Nice ot see so amny returning members, though :gordon:
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Steven Blum

#18 Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:37 PM

Some interesting ends to character arcs in there.

Alyx getting dark reveals just how much her father kept her in check mentally despite all the horrible stuff happening around her. Honestly I think our best case scenario now is a modding team puts something out using this plot synopsis.

#19 Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

The last paragraph from Laidlaw seems to be him covertly addressing the fans about his regrets about having to leave Valve before finishing Half Life, and how Valve has changed etc

And here we are. I spoke of my return to this shore. It has been a circuitous path to lands I once knew, and surprising to see how much the terrain has changed. Enough time has passed that few remember me, or what I was saying when last I spoke, or what precisely we hoped to accomplish. At this point, the resistance will have failed or succeeded, no thanks to me. Old friends have been silenced, or fallen by the wayside. I no longer know or recognize most members of the research team, though I believe the spirit of rebellion still persists. I expect you know better than I the appropriate course of action, and I leave you to it. Expect no further correspondence from me regarding these matters; this is my final epistle.

Combine Trooper

#20 Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:52 PM

Wake up. Wake up and smell the ashes...

#21 Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:18 AM

It feels strange reading the thoughts and words of "Gordon Freeman". up until now we've never been exposed and privy to such details but it seems that the scripts may have been written like this since the beginning.

I can hear G-Man's voice so distinctively "Come along... with me now,... we've... places to be ...and things ...to do"

Posted Image

#22 Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:05 PM

View PostA z t e x, on 30 August 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

It feels strange reading the thoughts and words of "Gordon Freeman". up until now we've never been exposed and privy to such details but it seems that the scripts may have been written like this since the beginning.

Indeed.

Laidlaw seems to be very aware of Gordon's possible feelings. But also the way it's done gives room for player expression. For example with Dr.Breen's consciousness having been turned into a Combine grub. Alyx wanted to let him suffer, the script indicates that Gordon may have (out of sight of Alyx) opted to put him out of his misery. So in the actual game you would have been able to just let him sit there and carry on, or make the choice to kill him.

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#23 Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:05 PM

View PostHumbug, on 30 August 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

Indeed.

Laidlaw seems to be very aware of Gordon's possible feelings. But also the way it's done gives room for player expression. For example with Dr.Breen's consciousness having been turned into a Combine grub. Alyx wanted to let him suffer, the script indicates that Gordon may have (out of sight of Alyx) opted to put him out of his misery. So in the actual game you would have been able to just let him sit there and carry on, or make the choice to kill him.

who was g-man working for? Why did they need Xen? What was the point of Gordon if ultimately the destiny of humanity would change with or without him?

Half Life 1: Gordon started and stopped the Xen invasion. G-Man takes Gordon as a pawn in a game
Half Life 2: Gordon started the uprising against the Combine. G-Man looses control of Gordon
Half Life 3: Gordon ultimately does nothing to the Combine, Earth saved? G-Man takes Alyx as a pawn in a game
Posted Image

#24 Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:31 AM

well this series has always played near the theme of fate vs free will so it tracks that everything gordon did was meaningless
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

Icon

#25 Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:15 AM

Okay so someone take the script and make a mod. :laugh:
They used to call me FatFunkey

Steam Profile Xbox Live ID FatFunkeyPiRaTe

#26 Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:30 AM

Icon

#27 Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:47 PM

Saw this on Reddit when it first dropped. A sad time indeed. Still hope we get EP3 at a minimum at some point. Also, fuck you Alyx.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users