Half-Life Fallout: The Story for Half-Life 3 was just released - Half-Life Fallout

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Story for Half-Life 3 was just released

The Scotsman - Moderator Emeritus

#1 Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

It's over lads and lassies. :(

Mark Laidlaw released the script for Half-life Episode 3 on GitHub and on his personal website.

RIP Half-life 1998 - 2017
My old HLFallout username was"Kintaro"
FORMER HLF STAFF 30/08/2009 - 12/05/2012

Metro. Enforcer

Icon

#2 Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:37 AM

How many restless spirits are now free because this was released?

Seriously though, I'm glad we finally have closure on this. Sounds like it would have been a pretty rad game to boot as well.

Barney's Personal Aid

#3 Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:58 AM

Signed back in when I saw this news on a different site. It's the end of an era- RIP Half Life franchise. I hardly knew ye

Citadel Elite Guard

#4 Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:45 PM

My first post here since 2007. I can't believe this website/my account is still up. I spent so much time here in high school
Posted Image
hebleb: Official Genaral/Vice President/C&C
Vista Home Premium, Intel Core2 Duo E6400, 320MB Geforce 8800GTS, 2GB RAM, 19" LCD Monitor

Scholar and a Gentleman

#5 Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:02 PM

Well, I guess that's that. We've had quite a run boys. I guess this day was a long time coming but I'm glad that we've finally gotten some sort of closure regarding Ep3/HL3.

I salute you.

Posted Image
[360 Gamertag] [Last.fm] [unikGamer] [PSN ID] [Steam] [Anime] [Discogs] [Criticker] 3DS: 4596-9700-4475

G-Man Personal Aid

Icon

#6 Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

I was not prepared for this. Especially those final lines. :'(

Sounds like it would have been a damn cool setting/story too...
Posted Image
Steam ID || NNID: Inimitable
Former HLF Staff, 6/6/2019 - 9/5/20XX

#7 Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:39 PM

it's great and was necessary and i'm really glad marc did it. not much else to say is there?
Posted Image

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#8 Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:48 PM

how can it be over if it ends in a
Spoiler

Posted Image

Metro. Enforcer

Icon

#9 Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

"My intention was that Ep3 would simply tie up the plot threads that were particular to HL2," Laidlaw said in June. "But it would still end like HL1 and HL2, with Gordon in an indeterminate space, on hold, waiting for the next game to begin. So one cliffhanger after another."

Gordon was and always will be damned for eternity.

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#10 Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:24 PM

I guess a rant cause some people would want to remain 'clean'
Spoiler

I have a box with a headcrab plushy put away a long time ago in some attic in some country not too far away, I shall wear it this weekend...
Posted Image

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#11 Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:22 PM

How does everyone feel about Alyx straight murdering Mossman when deciding what to do with the Borealis? It struck me as pretty unusually cold for her character.

Also bummer we didn't get to see DOG one last time.

:whack: :gordon: :whacklook :zombieattack
Posted Image
"Brick, where did you get a hand grenade?" "I don't know."

Colonel Benefactor

Icon

#12 Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:13 PM

Thank you for bringing us along on your adventures, Dr. Freeman. Almost 20 years ago it started, you shared your adventures with me, I shared them with my friends. I even made new friends (most of them crazy as fuck though), and we joyously talked for hours, days, years, even more years... about you. As time passed by, we grew older and we somehow got seperated from you. The time it took to realize it was better this way seemed infinite, but we managed to set our minds at peace. We are still here, and you are somewhere in space and time, held captive by forces unknown to mankind. We will never forget you, as you'll be remembered by the countless moments of happiness you've brought us all. Farewell Dr. Freeman, may the crowbar be forever in your hands.

#13 Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

View PostLambda, on 25 August 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

How does everyone feel about Alyx straight murdering Mossman when deciding what to do with the Borealis? It struck me as pretty unusually cold for her character.

Also bummer we didn't get to see DOG one last time.

:whack: :gordon: :whacklook :zombieattack

i kind of liked it. one thing that i felt this short didn't convey (not that it really could have without being a more fleshed out thing - also probably why there's no talk of d0g or barney) was a sense of revenge in alyx. there was some half-life 3 comic series that just got started a couple months ago and that begins with a funeral same as here. i always felt that was weird because she's such a passionate person; part of me felt that she would forego the service and just run off to fuck up as many advisors as possible. the one place where i felt this was her killing mossman, letting out all that pent up rage on her by honoring her father's last wishes.

what bothers me though is how is the borealis supposed to do anything by crashing into this "staging area"? it has no payload unless the bootstrap is powered by a nuclear reactor or some equivalent that could work as an ordinance analogue.
Posted Image

Sex bomb

#14 Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:11 AM

As if!

#15 Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:02 PM

Well, isn't that something? [wipes tear]
Xbox Live: Z0RiN

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic