Half-Life Fallout: Half-Life: C.A.G.E.D. is a mod you want to play. - Half-Life Fallout

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Half-Life: C.A.G.E.D. is a mod you want to play.

High Priest of Onionism

Icon

#1 Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:09 AM

Life got you down? The wife left you and your dog pooped on the carpet? Do you yearn for a simpler time, when you could just sit in a dark room, carefree, basking in the lovely glow of a CRT monitor, thwacking headcrabs with a low poly crowbar?

Boy do have the escapist solution for you! Check out this single player Half-Life mod: Half-Life: C.A.G.E.D.

Cayle George has what you need! He built his game design career like the best of them, learning the ropes with Hammer, and making neat HL1 mods back in the day, to getting increasingly sweet gigs at various companies like Monolith and eventually Valve! Thew dream job of every modder...well at least when they still made games.

This former senior designer at valve has gravitated back to his first love, goldsource, to give us this hour-long action packed prison escape in Half-Life: C.A.G.E.D..
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Sex bomb

#2 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:31 PM

I tried it for 30 minutes but kept dying to the soldiers with perfect accuracy and uninstalled it. RIP.

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#3 Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:24 PM

View PostEl Inspector, on 26 September 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

I tried it for 30 minutes but kept dying to the soldiers with perfect accuracy and uninstalled it. RIP.

and you call others scrub?

It seems like the same Half Life enemy AI with slightly more HP. The biggest difficulty is that the soldiers are adequately covered and the corridors are tight, limiting your options and reducing their AI short-comings. I was constantly under 20 hp for most of the game and that was just the right level of difficulty. The let down is that they are Half Life enemy AI and like all classic AI, they can be tricked and exploited to your advantage.

The game itself is awesome, top notch mod made with heart. Totally recommended for classic Half Life feel with no hand holding
Posted Image

Colonel Benefactor

Icon

#4 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

I enjoyed the quick pace of the mod, fights were challenging but you always could try different tactics if something didnt work. There was enough ammo for the grenade launcher, and the shotgun, bow, & magnum all came in handy at times. If things get really desperate you could still outsmart the AI.
It was nice to enjoy some good old shooter action where you have to work to get through. Map design was okayish in esthetics, but gameplay wise enjoyable.

If some of you are wanting more good old HL gameplay, you should definatly try Edge of Darkness & USS Darkstar.
There are so many excellent HL singleplayer mods, but these two are one of the greatest out there. :whack:

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#5 Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:50 PM

View Postshampo0o, on 12 October 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

I enjoyed the quick pace of the mod, fights were challenging but you always could try different tactics if something didnt work. There was enough ammo for the grenade launcher, and the shotgun, bow, & magnum all came in handy at times. If things get really desperate you could still outsmart the AI.
It was nice to enjoy some good old shooter action where you have to work to get through. Map design was okayish in esthetics, but gameplay wise enjoyable.

If some of you are wanting more good old HL gameplay, you should definatly try Edge of Darkness & USS Darkstar.
There are so many excellent HL singleplayer mods, but these two are one of the greatest out there. :whack:

after playing CAGED, I am feeling nostalgic, I will try them this weekend. Thanks for the tip!
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users